Horseshoe Magazine

The Long-Form Journalism Source of the University of New Haven

Horseshoe Magazine

Horseshoe Magazine

A Collection of Bulwer-Lyttons

Photo courtesy of Pexels/cottonbro studio

Faith Arcuri

Dr. Newman filled his needle with a purple liquid, turned and stalked towards his subject, laughing maniacally as he injected her, but before he could prepare for the next phase of his plan, she belched and eyeballs flew at his face and fell unconscious on the cold steel floor.

The door slowly creaked open as a black unicorn trolloped through the door chomping on a dismembered arm; it walked towards me, releasing the arm from its mouth and landing at my feet while he said, “I need to find my phone.”

Photo courtesy of Pexels/Ellie Burgin

Kaylee Salazar

There once was an old person who lived in ancient times and did old people things because there was nothing else to do since there was no iPhone, no Facebook, no YouTube, no Instagram, no Pinterest, no notes app, no Tumblr, no fanfiction.net, no linkedin, no mycharger, no canvas, no walmart.com, no TikTok, no Snapchat, no…

On the third box of the fifth page of the calendar, also known as a Tuesday in May, the venerable, dashing leader of the freedom-defined nation, the president, realized that his small, fluffy, war-criminal hamster went missing.